Flava of NYC

A young Manhattanita tells all.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

We're not in Kansas anymore


Apparently there is no (Sutton) Place like home....

I always knew that Sutton place was terrible. But now it is confirmed. Don't get me wrong, I hung out there my freshman year of life and I enjoyed a good mixed drink in a plastic cup on SP's roof before jaunting down the street to Opal or Nessa. But Sutton Place's terribleness has been caught in the press this week. I mean the bouncers there pretend like its freaking Marquee but lets face it, they hang up Halloween decorations. And this week three waitresses are suing for sexual harassment - saying that management forced them to be weighed to work there and not to eat. Hello, this is NOT the airline industry circa 10 years ago. Hello, when all you do is serve cheap well-drinks to post-college Murray Hillers* all night, of course you want to go home to a bucket of mozarella sticks and french fries!

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/pub_pounded_regionalnews_dan_mangan.htm

Sutton Place should be shot. But the roof is great for Derby parties. Don't worry, all you hipsters who are wondering where you'll go when SP shutters for good following the downfall of its foul-mouthed owner....I'm pretty sure it has already been reincarnated as Tonic on 29th & 3rd. Sweet!

* Bloggers disclaimer: I do live in Murray Hill. I do understand the irony.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, i never thought i'd say i'm happy that derby has moved to the upper west side... but now i am.

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home