Flava of NYC

A young Manhattanita tells all.

Friday, October 13, 2006

I like M*A*S*H, I want to watch M*A*S*H

Just kidding. I hate M*A*S*H. Someone just told me it was the original "doctor" show. WRONG! It is E.R. Duh!

Check it, people. With the abundance of "doctor" TV shows that haunt my Ti-faux these days, I was glad to finally see the original doctor show get its deserved recognition!

The Times had a whole article yesterday about the comeback of the TV show ER (title: From Life Support to Miraculous Recovery for 'ER'). It has been on for 12 years. I have watched EVERY episode. From Dr. Green's tumultuous divorce, to Doug Ross and nurse Carol getting it on, to Carter's drug addiction following his stabbing, Dr. Benton's deaf bastard baby, Dr. Weaver doesn't have those crutches anymore, Kovac almost died when he was injected with paralytic drugs, Nurse Samantha killed her jailbird husband after he escaped from lock-up and kidnapped her and her kid, Abby had a emergency C-section for her love child with Luka, the list goes on: fires, helicoptor crashes, plane crashes, floods, epidimecs, love, tears, hate. All since 1994.

I thought I was the only person on earth that still watched ER.

But I was wrong. Apparently Bill Carter of the New York Times likes it too.
Amen, brother.

I should get his number. Does he have a MySpace page? Friendster?

Watch it. Love it. And get this, now Uncle Jesse from Full House is the new paramedic,/doctor. HOLLA JOHN STAMOS! Welcome to the best show on earth. And for you haters out there, I don't want to hear about how its only popular again because CBS moved Without A Trace. Yeah, I love Jack and Agents Samantha, Martin, Danny, etc, too. But can they do a central line? NO.

Read it:
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/12/arts/television/12emer.html

Love it:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home